Friday, November 21, 2008

Year One: Check

Those of you who know me well know that I'm kind of a busy person. I am ALWAYS on the go and you know what? I LIKE IT THAT WAY! I'm sure one day when I get married and have kids I'll possibly become more of a home body, but until then... it's go go go!

Well, so lately my style has been cramped. I've been rediculously sick. For quite a while too, I might add. So despite how much I despise going to the Dr. (unless REALLY necessary) I went today. For a few reasons: friends were REALLY starting to get concerned and I needed a medical check to renew my visa anyhow.

So I went - and how did it go? IT WAS HORRIBLE! It wasn't but 45 minutes in before I was abruptly reminded why I hate going to random doctors/hospitals. I don't trust them. So rather than ranting on what a terrible experience, I'd rather just leave it at this:

Two X-rays, 5 tubes of blood and a urine sample later with a "Everything seems to be fine" later, I was given a prescription. I've got the stupid meds, and yes, I'll take them and we'll see what happens.

P.S - Can I just say I'm not surprised when I hear "We just don't know what could be wrong"? My whole medical history in all my life. With FEW exceptions.... that's what I hear.

Ahem - moving on.

Friday marked my last night of my year contract - although I'm now on vacation, I don't really feel quite the sense of excitement I'll feel once Kara gets here on Wednesday. I still feel like there's SOOO much to do. I'm hosting a Thanksgiving dinner next Saturday at my place, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. I feel like my mom. In fact, I'm so much like her... but I learned from her that it's always more important to pack a small house full of lots of amazing people than to have a huge house with no one to fill it.

That will definitely be the case for this Thanksgiving. It will be quaint, but more than anything I'm just super excited at the wonderful friends that will be filling my "home".

The gem in my week:

Rachel


I went to see my student Rachel participate in her English Competition at her public school (it was a GREAT excuse to leave my "bed rest"). I was so excited to show her my support. I was excited to see another former student there as well. It made my day to see Rachel speak and sit with her parents. I felt like a proud parent myself :)



No comments: