Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Warrior

So I came across a message I sent to a friend a while back and shared this with him. I forget who it's from (Probably either John Piper or Oswald Chambers.... my personal faves) but I REALLY wanted to share this with you all. It's written in the context of God giving you a certain reminder on what the perspective should be. 

It's personally so encouraging for someone like me who CRAVES adventure every second of the day and admittedly always thinks "what's next... it's go time". Enjoy.

You want to be a warrior? Be a warrior of need and surrender. Make fighting for a relationship with me your greatest cause and see what other causes come out of that. See what other causes I put in your path. I can bring you adventures, but those things are small. Those are tiny compared to the cause of surrendering your heart and soul to me. That's your cause right now. Daily, hourly surrender of your heart and soul to me. You ARE on an adventure, the big one that I cheer loudest about from the bleachers of heaven IS FOR YOUR HEART. The adventure that begins every morning. That is the adventure I care about. Don't miss that one.

And I do - I miss it all the time because I focus on "What's next" instead of "What's now". I get so lost thinking I need "to do something for him" instead of  "be in a relationship with him". Rev. 2:4 says that I forsake my first love. Repentance. Forgiveness. A minute by minute all consuming need for God.


1 comment:

Shane and Amy Jo said...

Jess, I would LOVE to see you if we can work it out. I will be in Twin for Christmas, but only for a few days. What about the week following Christmas? You'll still be in Boise, right? Let me know. That would be so fun. I still have the same email. Hope to hear from you soon. Have a great Thanksgiving.