Saturday, April 26, 2008

NEVER a dull moment

Here are some videos I've taken over the course of the past week. I HOPE YOU ENJOY! I know that every time I watch I laugh - so hopefully you guys do too.


It's been a great spring so far.... been a bit chilly a few days this week, but I was still able to be out and about to enjoy the sun! Here's some video so you can see how green it's getting! This is Cheonggyecheong during the day when my friend Mark and I met up for lunch before teaching on Thursday:






I really could visit here everyday. I love coming to Cheonggyecheong!




Here's me totally kicking butt arm wrestling Sharon (per a student's request). I totally kill her with the right arm, but lose in no time up against Sharon's ambidextious left:



My student Michael arm wrestled me a few weeks ago. I of course won. So... he said that this week we would have a rematch. Only this time if he loses, he told me he'd buy me ice cream. Since I have become an ice cream addict since moving here, I decided it was worth it. I even made sure I didn't work out my upper body at the gym over the weekend just to dominate and win some ice cream! Who wins? Watch to find out :)



Michael will be bringing me ice cream on Monday :)

Onto the next video. This is what I walked into during one of the breaks in Eddie's classroom. All I can say? BOYS WILL BE BOYS! Haha - they crack me up!



I've been teaching on Saturdays and it's really fun since not everyone is here. There's only two classes and this Saturday I was the only teacher... well... teaching that is. Tom was in to do some voice over work. Listening to him was definitely a highlight (I couldn't stop laughing) - so I decided to capture it for you guys:



And of course who can resist having a good time when I get to hang out on Saturday with this kid:




We have a good time - Can you tell?



Did I mention we also like to abuse our students? Haha - all the boys LOVE to play rock scissors paper with Tong Pa. Jun was a little tired this day though so he seemed a bit fearful. My goofball Sean (AKA - Skunk) decided he was going to be tough and play too.




And last but NOT least, here's a group shot from Bible Study on Wednesday night as we celebrated Rachel's birthday. The week before that we celebrated Vanessa's birthday! So.. Happy Birthday to Vanessa + Rachel! We all also had the fabulous opportunity to meet Rachel's folks who are in Korea from Canada. Such wonderful people!

From L to R: Michelle, Rachel's mother, Vanessa, Jess Crew, Rachel + Kimchi, Myself, Jess Becker, Cathy, Jungmi, Alicia and the boys at the bottom: Trevor, Eric and Nate.


I also wanted to give a shout out to my childhood pal Holly - who I was able to get back in touch with this week. It's been way too long... but I really do love this girl! (Haha... if I ONLY had the pictures to show you when we were in 6th grade) Wow. Anyhow... she's considering a visit to Seoul in August. I hope she can make it work!

I'm moving toward month 6 here less than a few weeks. Where has the time gone? God continues to challenge me, humble me and teach me patience as well as perseverance. I still have been so thankful for what an amazing time of rest my time in Korea has been so far. I feel tremendously blessed.

I appreciate all your prayers and support - until next time!

Blessings!

No comments: