Monday, April 21, 2008

A busy blessing!

K guys - brace yourself! It was a busy weekend and I've got the pictures to prove it!

As I mentioned previously in my post below, Sammee was in Korea.



After my fantastic "field trip" to the U.S Military base on Thursday, Sammee decided to make the journey into Seoul for me to show her a good time around the city! We started out by heading to dinner for dak kalbi once I finished work on Friday night. So here it is folks. The fun begins.

MMMMMM - Ddak Kalbi. Basically it's spicy cabbage and chicken and other stuff all grilled up. It's superb. Except this stuff was a little more spicy than usual!


Below is the picture of all of us: Justina, Sammee and Sharon. (Minus Ruda).


Afterward, we headed out to a favorite place of ours in Sinchon to eat some snacks before heading to Hongdae. We of course stopped to grab some ice cream. By the way... I'm becoming addicted to since moving here).


Yeah! SHREK!


Here's a picture of me with the awesome graffiti with my name. Love it!

I throughout the night just couldn't help but soak in the amazing sights of this city, even after being here for more than 5 months now. Here's a great shot of a food cart really late into the night in Hongdae as we were leaving:


I randomly ended up running into my training roomie (Lindsey) and her boyfriend! (Unfortunately don't have any photos to have captured the moment) But it was really great to see her.

We ended up at a Noraebong - this one was one we were pretty excited to sing at. Here's a clip of us singing. Keep in mind we're kind of tired at this point... but totally trying to stay strong.




Afterward, Ruda, Sammee and myself on our way out say "So... what's next?!" Poor Sharon... at this point she looks as if she's about to kill me for dragging out night out. But we all weren't tired at all. We were ready for more.

So we decided to go watch the sunrise (because at this point, it's about 4 a.m.) So after a quick pit stop for McDonalds breakfast (always a fun treat living here in Seoul) we headed off to watch the sunrise.

Here we are - still goin strong....


Bright and early at about 6 a.m. the sun began to rise through the Seoul skyline.

This is me with no sleep and no shower. On my way to the river I'm definitely starting to feel the effects of no sleep...


Not the clearest day, but still amazing nonetheless:


Me and my gal pals. I appreciate both of them and learn so much from them - definitely love these ladies:



In this photo you can see the 2 trade towers (to the left) then the next building to the right of the trade towers is the 63 building (the tallest building in Seoul) and finally, the National Assembly. I wish I lived closer to this area so I could ride my bike and run along this path every morning!

Ruda enjoying the lovely morning sun:


"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

Lamentations 3:22-23

Despite the pollution, it was still such a beautiful thing to witness the sunrise. Such a beautiful thing we get to experience every day!

After all this - we decide to head back home. I of course need a few hours of sleep because I had to teach at 2. So I was able to get a few hour nap in. I woke up feeling absolutely like death. Holy cow! Really... I could barely move. But we got ourselves up and I managed to get myself ready in time to take Sammee to the subway station to make sure she got on the train alright and to say goodbye. *Sniff*

Thanks Sammee for spending time with us all night in Seoul! Hope you had fun!



So of course I was tired, but there's never a dull moment with these kiddos! Below we see Jae Yong (AKA- Penguin) and Clayton (AKA - Monkey). They decided to show off their muscles for me.






And of course Clayton with his Alfalfa hair:


After work I headed for a quick bite to eat, because I had plans to meet up with Justina and a few other ladies for what was called the Snow Show. I was starving and so Sharon and I headed to the Japanese restaurant across from our apt and I can't tell you how AMAZING it was. MMMMM. These noodles are served cold. It's so refreshing, especially with how warm it was this day.




So yes - headed out to the Snow Show and had a fabulous time. Here's a picture with Justina and I with one of the clowns from the production.

The music in this performance was amazing! The show integrated an intense amount of audience participation between a huge cobweb spread out across the audience, large balloons to bounce around and of course, fake snow!

Here's the lovely Justina and I. I swear this woman is a life saver - she's definitely a plethora of knowledge of things to do and good things to know here in this city!


So what next after Snow Show? We went to a movie. I didn't make it home until about 1 a.m. Needless to say I rested ALL Sunday morning until Churchie (as they say here in Korea) and enjoyed the message, the great fellowship and some fun celebrating a friend's birthday at an amazing Thai food restaurant. (Sorry... forgot the camera for this event)

So there you have it... one busy, fun filled weekend. I'm blessed to have good friends around to share my life with!

Please continue to pray for the ministry here in Seoul and for unity among our church. As time goes on, it will be time for others to move on, and others to join our community. May Christ be glorified!

Be blessed.

No comments: