Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Missing you

So I've come to realize that pretty much the rest of my life will be spent missing people. I had a conversation about this with Jess Becker a while back, and it definitely rings true.

Traveling has always brought me so much joy - and traveling to Korea to work and live for a year has been nothing short of a true adventure. But I miss you all back home. I miss the people I've met and who have left. I have come to realize that some of the amazing people I've met here (some of which I consider family) will have their days numbered here eventually. There will come a moment for me as well when I begin to mark the days on my calendar.

Anyways... my point? It hurts.... to always be missing people. Even worse, to know that I'll always be missing people. It's nice to know that simple and special moments with people should really be cherished, because they might not ever be able to happen again.

It's allowed me to gain a more thankful perspective on people who are in my life.

So please know I miss so many of you and think about you often.

Much love.

2 comments:

Alexia Keylie said...

I miss you and Love you tooooo..
Uncle Rob

Anonymous said...

Jessica- I so understand this. Also, we'd love for you to come!! We're going to be going home for the summer in July and will be back early August. June would probably be better than you coming in May- May is REALLY busy for us. Also, when is your contract up? We're in NEED of teachers...people who LOVE God and are interested in CARING for kids...interested????