Monday, May 5, 2008

zoom zoom ZOOM!

It's been a busy week on the go.... and now I've come down with a cold! Am I surprised? Not so much....

But this past week I've been out and about before work. (I work at 3 p.m. and teach until 10 p.m.) It's been a stretch but I feel like I'm getting my stamina back! You see, living here in Seoul I get so tired! Back in Boise it was always go go go. We attribute it to all the walking, traveling and teaching we do here.

Here's a little peak as to what my week consisted of:

Seoul Forest
Miss Lindsey and I decided to venture out to Seoul Forest. I had never been there and neither had she. I'd heard some cool things about it and read up online and eh.... it was nice... but I was definitely expecting something more. Here's some pics though. Most of all I was just thankful to spend some good girl time with Linds.




The U.S. Military Base
WOOOHOOOO! A little bit of America per the lovely Justina. I enjoyed a wonderful meal which consisted of a grilled chicken and brie sandwich along with some tasty french fries. YUMM.

Here's one happy American enjoying my fabulous western meal. I'm definitely a happy camper!

And YUM - Donuts!


Saturday = shopping + teaching + dinner + Buddha's Birthday

Wow - so Saturday PACKED with stuff to do. This weekend there was tons going on to celebrate Buddha's Birthday. Goodness! It was full of festivals and parades.... oh and did I mention lanterns EVERYWHERE?! It's been beautiful.

Earlier on in the day I met up with Sarah and a few of her co workers to take her shopping - here's us taking a break to get some lunch:


After some teaching I met up with Jess Becker for dinner... we treated ourselves to some yummy Shabu Shabu (a total favorite of mine).

Here's a picture of Jess and I. I'm so thankful for her! It will be sad to see her go at the end of August.


...then it was off to round some of the friends up for a fun Saturday night enjoying the festivities.



Here's some video from inside the temple in Insadong:



Here is a small glimpse of the lanterns directly outside the temple:

And here's a fish who's got personality! I think he reminds me of Shamu when I worked at Sea World. Too bad he'll be dinner, if he hasn't been already. Poor little guy:




Dr. FISH!
So Hil's mom and sister are visiting, so we decided to check out Dr. Fish. This was my second time. (I did much better this time, by the way).

Here's me (looking really tired at this point) and Hil:


Here's Hil, myself, and Myung Suk (Hilary's co-teacher):


And the Hontz sisters. They're so cute I just had to post them for you all to see. It was a pleasure to meet her mom and sister and to hear about what their experience has been like to see Korea from a vacation/visitor perspective.

Dobongsan

Dobong mountain is only about 20 minutes away from where I'm at. So despite feeling really crummy this morning, Ruda and I decided to embark on an adventure to Dobongsan and just chill since I wasn't feeling good.




And I get to see amazing stuff like this. My life is pretty cool? Yeah.... I agree :) I'm so blessed!!





And here I am with the ahjummas who fed us:

Who can forget my fabulous kiddos? This past week was level up testing for them. So here's a picture of Sean (obviously worn out from level up testing):


And here's what I ran into as I was grading Karen's test this week. She's so cute! I received this compliment from her.

"Superstar Karen's English Day. It's level up test today. I'm very nervous. Jessica is look so pretty today"



And I finally got my ice cream from Michael from the arm wrestling competition I won:


Phew! Hope you guys enjoyed the update of my past week here in Seoul. I think these next few days I'm going to work on laying low to recover from this cold I seem to have.

Much love!

2 comments:

livewhileyoudream said...

i found your blog! you are the busiest person i've ever met. i'm sooo looking forward to hanging out this weekend!

Anonymous said...

hey Jess,
the first wkend in june sounds great. we have one commitment on saturday afternoon for a few hours, but other than that we'll be down for relaxin, chillin and fun. what would you like it to look like?
love, sham