Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Update on Andrew

So.....

Later on that night (the night I found out Andrew would no longer be coming to this academy) I was pleasantly surprised by Andrew himself. He ran into my classroom during the break. He appeared out of breath. (We are on the 6th floor of the building and sometimes the kids don't want to wait for the elevator, so they just run up)

And he says to me:

"TEACHER! TEACHER! I come to say bye to you. I leave this hagwon!"

He said he is transferring to a different academy to one that is closer to his home.

I was amazed that he had come to say bye to me but I was nothing short of honored. I will deeply miss this kid, but I'm excited because we exchanged phone numbers and email addresses. I doubt he'll ever know how much I have enjoyed him as a student in my class and I will definitely miss him.

I'm just thankful there was some closure to the sudden change!

1 comment:

Davis and Laura said...

Hey Jessica, this is Laura Stevenson from middle school! ? I don't know if you remember me, but I was looking on your myspace page and noticed you had a blog...so I checked it out. I think it is great that you are in Korea. My dad lived in Seoul for 2 years so we grew up on Kimchee! We also had a foreign exchange student from Korea and then I managed at boutique owned by Koreans for 2 years! I am so jealous that you are there! I love the Korean people! What are you doing there exactly?