Friday, March 21, 2008

Just a stroll in the park

Today I had the fine opportunity to visit Olympic Park and meet with my friend Lindsey. I originally met Linds at a Thanksgiving dinner one evening after church at IWE. She actually spent time teaching in China last year. Upon hearing this, I was immediately intrigued with getting to know this girl. I was aware of the passion we share for China within the first few moments of meeting her. This girl has such an incredible heart for Christ and I enjoy getting together with her. (It's rare though because we live so far away)

So I decided to come to her end of the city today.... which is how I landed in Olympic Park.


Seoul hosted the Olympic games in 1988... amazing to think that was 20 years ago. The park is absolutely beautiful and I could only stand and wish how wonderful it would be to attend the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I don't think it's going to happen though. Here's some photos from around the park. Enjoy!





It was an amazingly fine day today. We've had some really great sunshine and clear, blue skies the last few days. This has been a bit rare, especially since the yellow dust has started to invade!





In fact... I think it may have been a bit TOO sunny. And I forgot my sunglasses:


I just still wake up and think to myself "Wow - am I REALLY in Korea?!". I enjoy this season in life so much. It's such an adventure every single day. A day in Seoul can never be boring. One thing I really appreciate about Lindsey is we both have such an excitement in our hearts with how content we are to be here.

Everyday I'm amazed at the Lord's faithfulness. I feel more humbled and challenged in every single day and I'm thankful to have been placed around people who sharpen and encourage me relationally. I've learned to enjoy the little, quiet moments in life... not necessarily around people doing anything fun and adventurous (which I'm always up for) but to really enjoy the time I have here to think, to write and to be still. I have enjoyed serving the Lord in such a different and dynamic capacity teaching and loving on the people who are in my life.

Be blessed this Easter and I pray that each of you would be mindful of Christ's sacrifice on the cross and truly how beautiful it is. Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This video made me cry. I am so proud of you. It seems like just yesterday you and Holly were laying of the floor laughing and watching T.V. And now look where you are.
Love You!
Donna