Sunday, December 16, 2007

Almost forgot Insadong!





So I'm obviously losing my mind, because I thought I posted pictures of my adventure from last weekend to Insadong. Before heading there though, we all headed to Marche to eat at COEX, which is a big mall area with lots of amazing things to do and see. Michelle (coworker), Sarah and myself headed out to Insadong after Korean class last weekend. It's a great place to go because it has a lot of little authentic places to shop and get some amazing tea! We went to this little teahouse that was amazing! So much better than any coffee shop I've ever been to!



We then later headed out to go to dinner at an amazing authentic Indian/Nepali food restaurant. We spent so much time there and partook in some great conversation and it was so great to get to know these ladies and hear about who they are! We just enjoyed walking around together and spent a lot of time in a bookstore! I'm beginning to realize how much of a nerd I am. We were there until they kicked us out when they closed!






Out on the streets there was an event going on for the presidential elections that are coming up this Wednesday. Everyone gets this day off. It's considered a holiday and supposedly that encourages the citizens to vote if they have the day off. I had one of my students the other day ask me who I would vote for if I could vote for a Korean president. Ha!








And this is a picutre of some sort of ancient building - I wasn't able to cross the street to get a better view. I will though sometime when I go back to Insadong.




No comments: