Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hanbok!

It's been a big last few days here in Korea. I finally was able to go pick up my Alien Registration Card - which is huge because with it, I was able to open up my bank account and finally get my cell phone working. My dear co-worker Sharon was HUGELY instrumental in helping with achieve this since she knows a bit of Korean. So kudos to Sharon for being so awesome. I'll get a photo of her up here sometime soon.
Banking here in Korea is so interesting! I was so lucky, because since I had Sharon with me, I was able to get a check card - not just an atm card. So I can use it like our "debit cards" in America. It's kind of a big deal here. So I have to admit I feel kinda cool, because a lot of foreigners here don't get that luxury.




The above pic is some statues near Insadong. Very interesting... Anyhow, here's a video of a very kind Korean woman tying the bow on my hanbok yesterday! So much fun. Justina, Michelle and I met in Insadong for tea.
They both had the day off because it's a holiday (Election Day - Presidential) Some of my students kept asking me "Teacher! Teacher! Who are you going to vote for President?" I'd say "Do I look Korean? Haha, I can't vote for President in Korea!" And then they further probe me..... "Who would you vote for if you COULD, teacher?!" Right.... like I follow the elections here that closely. Very cute though.

We also visited this mall and looked around. It was such a cool place! I can't wait to go back once I have some money to buy some stuff for you guys back at home! We had a really good time and lots of fun!
This is my model shot at the mall - I bet you guys didn't know I was here to teach AND to model, huh!






This is my final "look" for the hanbok adventure. We were actually just in the little Insadong tourist shop and the guys working there had such a great time trying to help me. They didn't know what they were doing because they had never tied a woman's hanbok!








Tonight I went to a new Bible study (small group) and I haven't been able to attend for whatever reason or another until this week. It was absolutely amazing!
So for Christmas, we're going to have a sleepover on Christmas Eve and have a huge dinner and wake up in the morning and spend Christmas together at Trevor and Rachel's. Even though I am not going to be in Boise for this Christmas, I can honestly say I feel like I'm home and have still no regrets about being here.
I finally was able to get my cell phone working here. It's been quite the challenge. My new number is 010-5810-8671 for any of you who get the itch to call me via calling card. I of course would love to hear from you. : )
Christmas is getting closer!!! I can't believe it - I miss you all very much and send much love.
Blessings!

No comments: