Sunday, December 16, 2007

Is it really almost Christmas?

First of all - I can't believe how fast time has gone since I've been here. It doesn't even feel like I've been here for long at all, but in fact, I have almost been here a month and a half. I was amazed this past weekend when I fully realized that I know where to go, where to get "this" and where to get "that". It hit me one night and I asked myself, "Gosh! When did that happen.... that I actually know what I'm doing here?!"

Jenn, Michelle and I went to a DVD room after work one night to watch Harry Potter. It's a place to pick out a movie and then you lay on this bed/couch that I'm so 'graciously' modeling. But it was really relaxing and it's part of the reason why I don't get to bed until about 2 a.m. every night and don't wake up before 10.... EVER. It's just the lifestyle here - especially with my work schedule. So I'm working hard at getting back into a regular routine.

I definitely still have so much to see and learn but I become more comfortable each and every day! I see amazing things right before my eyes and I'm so thankful every single morning. Flexibility has become and important part of my daily life - gotta roll with the punches! This week I went with Kevin to try and help him pick out a table for his apt. and look at the cute little kids at the HomeEver! They were pretty precious.


This weekend I was able to have a little bit of Christmas! Saturday was the last day of the "semester" for my Korea class - I was tested, and just want to assure you all that there is hope for me to one day know Korean because I passed with flying colors! I really enjoy learning it though. I spend a lot of time studying, so hopefully it will pay off in a few months! Right after class, we had a big Christmas feast and gift exchange with the entire group of students at Korean class. This is Sarah, Michelle (frome work) and Shelly (also from work) after our gift exchange at Korean class.




We had a good time and then not much later than that, I headed over to my friend Justina's for a huge traditional feast! We all got together and had turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing.... seriously the works! And who was in charge of carving the turkey...haha, yes - none other than moi. That's right - Jessica Lee Christensen carved a turkey. Can I get an Amen?! haha. Of all the people there, I think I was probably the LEAST qualified, but I did beautifully (I hope)

It was fabulous - good people, good food and some great fellowship. Side note - Kevin and I went to see a movie later that night.... I Am Legend - with Will Smith. DON'T GO SEE IT! Was not a good flick.







Here's a pic of Justina, Michelle and myself. I orignally met Michelle through email (kind of sort of through church) and Justina at church as well. It's been so fun to meet and get to know so many amazing people. It's a big part of why I love it here so much.





This next weekend I'm thinking of possibly heading down to Daejon (South of Seoul) to meet up with a few friends I went through training with. And I found out that I have Christmas off! Which is exciting because I wasn't originally going to have it off. Michelle has graciously invited me to spend it with her at the place she babysits for a family she used to nanny for.

I continue to miss everyone and wish I could spend Christmas with friends and family back home, but am excited to be here at the same time. I will keep you posted on what happens next!

No comments: