Monday, November 26, 2007

Going Going!

Hey gang!

I just wanted to give you the latest on what's going on... I don't have any photos to post yet though because I've packed everything up and can't upload them onto my computer because...... I MOVE TO MY APARTMENT TOMORROW!

This is very exciting as I wasn't supposed to move in until Saturday. It's now 3:48 a.m. my time because I'm trying to get everything packed for tomorrow plus plan for class tomorrow. Today was my first day of teaching and it went rather well! I can't wait to see how the rest of the week will go. My schedule for the next three months will consist of two classes, each three hours long, four days a week: Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri, which comes to a total of 24 hours.... This gives me lots of time to play : ) My first class begins at 4 p.m. and the last class ends right at 10 p.m.

This last weekend I had the amazing opportunity to meet up with a gal named Michelle (we were put in touch via email from a local pastor). We met up and went to Itaewon this past Saturday and spent time talking and eating and just hangin out. Itaewon is a foreigners hot spot... there's actually a U.S. Military Base stationed there, and you hear lots of people speaking english. I also went to church this past Sunday and had an amazing Thanksgiving meal after the service. This weekend was a total blessing, as it was an opportunity to fellowship and get out and get around town a little bit!

This Wednesday I head to Japan to get my Visa, come back Thursday evening. This weekend I'm going to go with a few teachers from my school to sight see around Seoul because one of my co-workers has a friend coming into town. It should be pretty exciting and I look forward to having more opportunities to see all the amazing stuff around me.

All I can say is this is keeping me on my toes! : ) if there's one word I can say is needed at this season in my life.... FLEXIBILITY! I continue to be humbled at the ways I lack patience and understanding and continue to grow as I learn to be flexible in every situation every single day.

Until next time...
Many blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!!!!!!!! How exciting you get to move finally!!!!!! I am glad to hear that your first class went well, and am extremely happy that you were able to find a good church. Guess what??? So you know that base you were talking about, right across from Itaewon???? I was born on that base. And I should have told you that Itaewon is a total hot spot for Americans...sorry my bad. Just remember though, they try to rip you off there so stay firm and bargain, bargain, bargain! So nice to hear that you actually got to have a good Thanksgiving meal. Well hope you enjoy sight seeing. Thats my favorite thing about Korea...so many places to see and I never get bored. Maybe when I come out there this summer...I will take you to the DMZ for a little history lesson. Its actually pretty cool place to tour. Well hope all is well. Keep your head up high and remember YOU ROCK!