Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well, so far I've definitely been enjoying life's simple pleasures and taking in the amazing place I'd like to call home - BOISE.

It's been packed of snow adventures.... which has meant lots of bruising.

I've been busy catching up with SO many great people in my life here. I am so richly blessed!

My best gal pal - Alex


The girlfriend who's known me the longest - Holly Hawk

One of my favorite people to spend time with - Trent

Some friends I can always count on for a good adventure - Austin, Kristen and Kyle

Snowshoe extravaganza! With Christi and Katie
Some amazing people I get to spend my time with - Ali's Birthday! So honored to be there. Love you Ali!

The amazing baker and best person to entrust all my stuff with at my house! - Miss Kim

One INCREDIBLE mama - Amy Jo as well as Cade and Carson Tucker :)


More babies and yet another AMAZING mama! Keri Sue and Mr. William and Katelynn Sue :)


Christmas tree hunting - definitely got the best one!


Meet Chance - The little brother.


Me and Pops


Me and my mama


Oh - and did I mention I got a ticket? Yeah, I'd say I deserved it... except I don't. I've been SO careful and driving at the speed limit. *sigh*


So far, there have been a few Korean tendencies such as:
- Bowing at the car who stopped for me to cross the street
- Pushing doors instead of pulling them to go inside (I think America needs to jump on board with the double hinges!)
- Running into people because I now consider myself a left hand side walker instead of on the right
- Taking my shoes off upon entering any home
- Handing my money to cashiers the "respectful" way (giving money with my right hand with left hand under my right arm)

I can't believe I'm already getting ready to head back to Korea - I have feelings of peace and confidence as I enter into my next round in Seoul. God is so good.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!

Peace and love
Jess <3

3 comments:

THE CORMELL FAMILY said...

HOW FUN! I REALLY FEEL BAD THAT THINGS DIDN'T WORK OUT BETTER SO WE COULD HAVE SPENT MORE TIME TOGETHER. IT'S BEEN CRAZY FOR ME THE LAST WEEK. ARE YOU HOME YET? WILL YOU EMAIL ME THOSE PICTURES OF US AT YOUR GRANDMAS AND THEN AT DINNER AND DON'T FORGET TO SEND ME TO ONE WITH YOUR MOM TOO!!! I AM THANKFUL FOR THE SMALL TIME THAT I DID GET TO SEE YOU - IT WAS NICE! I'M GOING TO MISS YOU!!!! I HOPE YOU HAVE A SAFE TRAVEL HOME! LOVE YOU!!!!

The Olson's said...

Thanks for keeping us all updated!! It's so wonderful to see what you are up to and it's nice to see that you got in some QT with your family!! We miss you!
Rach and Trev

P.S. We think that you ROCK!

Anonymous said...

What a great trip home! It sounds like things did work out for good. I must say that I LOVE your green knitted hat... I'm going to see if I can deconstruct it and knit one for myself...
Enjoy being back in Korea. It's definitely got some great things going for it.