Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gyungbokgung

Last week I had the pleasure of visiting Gyungbokgung. 


It's the oldest palace in Seoul and it's massive and absolutely beautiful. My friend Joo Hyeok took me around and we had a great time (despite the huge blisters I gave myself from new shoes.... hah, imagine that... ME with new shoes?!)


Meet Joo Hyeok:



You can truly see the autumn beauty captured in this area. I'm really enjoying the fall season here in Seoul! God's creation is truly nothing short of marvelous!






I think this doorway must definitely be for the Koreas - what do you think? ;)


As we were winding down our tour of the palace, we ended up out toward the Blue House... or where Lee Myung-Bak (the president) lives. It's one of my favorite areas to be. It's so beautiful around this area and the air seems so clean and fresh.


I know... I'm so Korean with my peace sign. BUT really... it's the best thing you can do with your arm for a picture. I love it, and yes, watch out because I will be bringing it back to Boise with me! 


I'll be catching you up on all the fun I had cleaning up vomit from a young child named Ryan this past Saturday. For those of you who don't know... I come from a mother who has the worst gag reflexes known to man... one look at the vomit and I almost lost it myself.  I chaperoned a field trip to Independence Hall on Sat. More to come... stay tuned!

4 comments:

Eric and Andrea said...

How stunning! I actually served a guy and his family last weekend that gave me a bunch of information about teaching in Japan, or somewhere over there! I have sort of looked into, but you inspire me to go! Love you girly!

Unknown said...

what Jessica likes shoes this I was unaware of... and the door could be mark size too. ha don't discriminate against short people.

Jessica said...

Beautiful pictures Jess!

THE CORMELL FAMILY said...

AMAZING PICTURES & LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!