Sunday, February 3, 2008

Weekend Fun

This is some footage from Hil and I messin around on the equipment in a park....

Please disregard the silly shoes/coat combo.




Saturday we all met up to surprise Cathy for her birthday. She was under the impression her and I were getting together for a coffee date. Little did she know everyone would be waiting at Starbucks to greet us and take her out to lunch!

Cathy, Yunsun and I

Here's lunch - a table full of side dishes. It was fabulous. I fall more and more in love with Korean food every time I eat it. I always have thought of myself as a picky eater.... but ironically enough, I eat pretty much anything. It shocks the heck out of people! Even Koreans are surprised at what I'll eat. Here's my take on it - it probably won't kill me, so why not?!

Happy Birthday Cathy!

Later on in the evening we headed to a fabulous penthouse (ish) suite where Michelle is housesitting and had a fabulous dinner party. We enjoyed an amazing dinner, great dessert (chocolate cupcakes with nutella frosting) and some good laughs playing Apples to Apples and some random game we decided to make up. I'm so blessed to spend my time with all these people!



This upcoming week is the Lunar New Year - which means I nearly have the whole week off. Working only Mon and Tues this week. I was very interested in doing some traveling but it's just so busy and expensive to travel during this time of the year. It's the big holiday here. Bigger than Christmas for the Koreans. So instead, Michelle, Justina and I will head out on the big town of Seoul to take part in some pampering and exploration of the city.
________________________________________

Here's another photo of some of my students: Jimmy (I like to call him Jiminy Cricket), Mark and Andrew (I call him MISS Andrew.... he calls me Mr. Korea) Andrew is actually kind of a hard student to have in class for some teachers, but we've come to a very good understanding of each other and have a really good time. He's actually become one of my favorite students! : )

We only have a few more weeks left in this term - I'm going to miss having these boys around every week!





No comments: