Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lunar New Year Activities

So last weekend I had the opportunity to take some time to travel. We had Wed - Sun off for the Lunar New Year. Thursday I headed to Everland (One of Korea's amusment parks, very similar to Disney Land) and went to Caribbean Bay - which is an indoor waterpark/spa... very fun to say the least. And very relaxing!


Since I didn't take my camera inside, here's a picture of what we experienced: Lazy river wave pool, tube slides, the works!


There were many different hot tubs filled with different scents for different things... we also got mud masks and spent time in what's called a "beauty capsule" I wouldn't mind another trip for sure.

Friday I spent some time shopping with a new friend, Boram - So we went to Myong-Dong and shopped and worked our way through the very busy crowds! I have found I really enjoy shopping during my time off. Thankfully I don't buy everything... but Seoul has lots of places to shop! Later that night I ventured off to meet Ryan and Collin (friends from training) down in Busan, which is down at the southern tip of S. Korea. It's a big beach city and I'm definitely going back in the summer to work on a tan! It was a 3 hour KTX train ride. I was excited to experience the bullet train..... 300 kph! Here's a picture of the beach down in Busan:




Ryan and I on Sat morning at Haeundae beach.... I'm desperately wanting McDonalds for breakfast this day.... so we were plowing through the streets trying to find one, but stopped for a pic. More of our training group friends were supposed to make it, but ended up not catching the train in time.

We did some damage with the fireworks on the beach on Friday night. Roman candles aren't illegal, so we had lots of those, too!

This is Ryan and myself at dinner - WE WERE STARVING!!

We also took a trip to the Busan Museum of Modern Art!

Pushing with all my might....

High Five! This was a statue with a bunch of cartoon characters on it.


No comments: