Friday, January 25, 2008

So it's been a while... and?






Greetings from Korea! (I know, I know.... it's been a while)







The fact that my computer was totally lost has kind of put a damper on things. I just try to not think about it : / because I really did lose so much and it's kind of depressing! This will be the last time I don't back everything up on an external hard drive. You'd think I learned my lesson the last time! On a lighter note though, I BOUGHT A GUITAR!!! YEAH!



Ruda (aka - Gangsta) and Jess Becker were awesome enough to venture out with me last weekend to make one of the greatest purchases so far in Korea. (Ruda has pictures of the guitar adventure... so I'll wait on him to post) Afterward, we headed to a nice little tea house in Insadong and had some good fellowship and some time to pray together - I really enjoy these two a lot!




gangstas doing what they do best :



Anyhow, things have continued to go well. We just finished up Week 9 of our 13 for the first term. It's hard to believe that I have almost been here for 3 months already. Feb 17th will mark 100 days in Korea..... Koreans are really big on the whole 100 days thing. Feb. 9th will mark 3 months.



My kids continue to delight me in ways that I have never experienced before. A good majority of them are just simply fabulous. My intensive class has finally come to an end this week (woohoo!) which means no more 9 hour teaching (10 hour work) days! I won't deny it though - it will be a nice paycheck : )



Here's a video of the kids doing a skit - they basically had to create a dialogue talking about one of their teachers.... they apparently decided to choose me on this day : ) They have a particular fascination with making stories and dialogues about me and Kyle, one of the other teachers. Pretty funny - enjoy!








This is a picture of Rachel holding 'Jenny the Horse' she made me for the last day of class. So sweet! They decided to name the horse Jenny because it sounds good with Jessica. Ha!






Last night we went out to celebrate Sharon's Birthday - Sharon has been a big blessing to my life since I've been here. She is part of the reason why I have been able to get small things done, and "learn the ropes" of Korea - so to speak. Things like getting internet, picking up trash bags (in Korea, you use separate bags for burnable trash and food waste), getting my cell phone working.... I could go on! We have a lot in common - we are neighbors when we teach, which means we can hear each other yelling when we have to yell at the kids- haha. We also live in the same building - me on the 5th floor, her on the 9th. I'll never forget stepping onto the platform heading home from church one night only to see a familiar face waiting for the same train - it was Sharon, headed home from church as well. Not to mention our red coats that we usually wear:


Sportin the red coats and the V - this was after dinner at Nolbo's (They love Sharon at this place)


Can't resist the desire to jump with Sharon - always a good time since it takes me like three tries before I get the timing right.





After dinner we headed to the place we like to call the Bubble Bar, next door to Sharon and I's place to celebrate with cake. This place has bubbles on the wall - I'll get a picture sometime. We continue to brave the dry cold weather here in Seoul. We get some snow every now and then, but nothing like what's going on back home!

I'll be updating the blog again soon with upcoming adventures - I've been kind of layin low lately, but have really enjoyed the moments of rest and I'm so thankful for the Lord's unceasing provision in my life in every single area. Feel free to drop me a line anytime - I love to hear updates from everyone.

Blessings!

No comments: