Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas to all... and to all a GOOD NIGHT!

K gang - I wrote this on Christmas and haven't been able to get it up because the pictures have taken so long to upload.... so there will be more later. In addition to all the photos, an update on the New Year celebration as well.



Merry Christmas!
"...I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams..."



So I made the trek out to meet and greet (the very groggy crew) on Christmas morning. We had a great breakfast full of french toast, bacon, bagels, muffins, fruit, etc. It was so wonderful! We opened presents from our Secret Santas and had a really great time. I got a Josh Groban Christmas CD (yay!) and a really cool devotional book.... oh, and some "dummy mittens" (you know the ones with the string attached to them. HA!

Everyone had stayed the night at Trevor and Rachels - I didn't make it because I was working until 10 that night and was tired and wanted to sleep. After Trevor and Rachel's, Michelle has friends she babysits for (he's a doctor on the military base here) Tom and Catherine, had us over for dinner at their place with a few others . It was fabulous... again, turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, PIE! I was very thankful to be able to spend the holiday with so many people. It softened the blow of not being home quite a bit.
Here's the (silly) group shot of us all on Christmas morning......
Ok, and now here's a decent one : )


After church on Sunday Sharon and I ventured out to take a look at the lights near City Hall - it looked like a Korean style Rockefellar Center. Those light actually surround an ice skating rink, which we hope to hit up this weekend. It was pretty packed the night we went. Here's the picture of Sharon and I.

Anyhow, it was absolutely wonderful. I miss you though, Mom, Dad and Chance! But it was good to talk to you guys a few days ago!

I begin what's called intensives this week which means I teach for nine hours straight 3 days a week for about a month. Can you say exhausting?! But I'm excited because extra hours means extra cash.

One of my intensive students, Rachel, says to me "Teacher, I'm sad because I have class until 7 tonight" (It's about 1:30ish when she says this) So I say "Guess what time teacher gets to go home?! 10:30!"
....pause.....
"Ok, now I'm sad for teacher."

Haha. She's the sweetest little girl. Very girly in every sort of way and she's very smart.

Ok - I'm going to post, beacuse this thing has sat here for 2 days! Hope you all had a very fun Christmas and can't believe it's already nearly 2008.

Blessings!

No comments: