Tuesday, November 6, 2007

KOREA!

So what an interesting adventure it has been getting this whole teaching thing organized and decided. The decision to go to Korea came last Friday after I had an interview with the school I'll be teaching at (CDI) on Tuesday. Instead of going through the typical visa process (which would take anywhere from 1 month to 2), I'm actually heading over there immediately on a travler's visa.


As I prepare to embark on the adventure, it's been incredible to see all the support from all my wonderful friends and family. I can definitely call myself blessed! I look forward to the going away party on Thursday before I head out and know I really would struggle with my departure if it wasn't for all the great support.
I've also been in touch with two friends from the past who are actually about 5 hours away from where I'll be teaching. It's nice to know I can be in touch with them when I get there... even if they are 5 hours away!

I was encouraged as I spent time with about 600 kids from the Treasure Valley this last Saturday at the BSU game for an event called Lift Up America. This is a photo of a little girl named Kiki. She was so cuddly and loveable. I had a great time with her!



I was helping out for one last time with the wonderful organization here in Boise called Catchlife. Check out their website at http://www.catchlife.net/ . Debbie and Robert are hugely instrumental in assisting in the transition for local refugees. These kids have so much to offer. Pouring into them in whatever capacity is so rewarding. I also ran into a few other favorites of mine: Monite and Miss Alexia!

Needless to say, I'm so excited to go back overseas to serve, to learn and to grow. Blessings to you all.

1 comment:

frontpagecatchlife said...

Thanks Jessica for the good words. We have been thinking about you over here and praying for you. Study hard, play plenty and enjoy. Praying for blessings in all you do,say and touch. Deb