Monday, November 12, 2007

Busy Busy!

This is in the lobby of our hotel, Seoul Residence



Yesterday (Monday) we had our first day of training - so we set out to the city in the morning to head to the training center. It was nice to finally meet everyone and see who all was staying at our hotel... in other words, my roommate and I now have friends and we're no longer loners. haha.


Directly afterward from our training for the day, we all headed to Seoul Medical Center (the big hospital) to head for a complete physical. What a surprise it was to the cute little Korean women nurses helping me when I tried to explain to them why I couldn't hear the hearing test on the left side! It was nearly 3:30 or 4 and not a single one of us had eaten since breakfast so we were all very hungry and there was quite a few of us to complete the exam.


So funny story: One of the last stops is to get your blood taken and then a urinalysis... the blood was no big deal, I mean, afterall, I have had my blood drawn more times than I can count over the last few years with all the problems I've had. I knew I'd have to concentrate on breathing just simply because I hadn't eaten, but all was well, she did a great job. It wasn't until I headed to the bathroom to do my business there that I took off the cloth, and when I looked down, blood was squirting, yes, SQUIRTING from my vein. It was all over - and I just about lost it.... I hurried up and walked over to my seat and was doing everything I possibly could to breathe and not pass out. I was close though.... it was getting dark. So my roommate, bless her heart went and got me some water (in a paper bag no less). It all happened so fast but I'm thankful I didn't pass out. So that's the tale of the squirting blood.



We all made it back to the hotel and met up with the guys we've met and we went out to dinner. It was amazing. It only was about $6 for each of us. The majority of our nights this week will be spent studying for an incredibly intense training. We have to pass a test if we want to continue to teach with CDI.

Here's some pictures from the last few days:




Please just continue to pray for provision during our week with travels and also for our testing that has to take place. Everytime I am walking outside just marveling at the big city I just can't help but be so thankful and still can't believe I'm really here. The culture is great and I'm having a great time!
Much love and blessings to you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Missy, leave it to you to find boys already ( thats my girl ) Looks like you are having fun. Nice to talk and see you this morning, pretty cool. Cant believe you did not pass out with the squriting blood ! my my how you have grown up ! ha ha ha ha

giving the rest of your clothes and shoes away today, boy you dad almost had a heart attack when I showed him you see thru and lacey PJ top ! Like I can give THAT away to a little girl ! Just a quick hello, gotta go do the rest of the house work. I set up my own email address: tlcsweet01@gmail.com.....I know, I know, I am a "Todays Woman " ha ha Love you, MOM :)

Unknown said...

so will you be living in the hotel for a year or will you be getting an apartment?

Anonymous said...

Jess! I am so glad you have this blog set up, it is great! It seems like things are going good and I am so glad! I will be keeping you in my prayers for sure. If you have some time in a couple of weeks feel free to fly over to romania and meet us :) Love you!! Kristen

Jessica said...

Mom - please tell Dad that shirt is not an actual shirt to wear! It goes underneath a shirt!!! Goodenss gracious : )

And yes, I'll be getting an apartment. That will hopefully happen tomorrow!