Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back in SO KO

So I've been back for the last week and from the moment I walked of the plane, I felt an immediate sense of relief to be back to a place I really do like to call home. After a really terrible time getting back (my luggage even came through!), I came back with a renewed sense of purpose, excitement and hope to finish out the next 5 months here in Korea.

I have to say, one of the highlights to coming back were all the Koreans who live/work near or in my building. They were so excited to see me! It warmed my heart to know they noticed I wasn't out and about in the neighborhood!

I met with Joo Hyeok on Thursday night for a hot choco and he was speechless. From him, and from many others, they tell me my face looks much better and happier. I think the visit to Boise and some time off from work has done me good :)
Joo Hyeok and myself

And his gift to me... socks. How very kindly Korean of him. Actually... I was excited about these socks.



Last weekend I had the opportunity to do some ice skating and meet so many new people (which I'm always a big fan of). The skating and skate rental for one hour of skating cost cheon won - 1,000 won or about a dollar.




In other news.... I'm getting Lasek eye surgery done on Jan. 30. (The reason for all the eyewear in the above photos) I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, but I'm really looking forward to the end result. I went in for some testing last Thursday and as a result had dilated pupils for like 9 hours. Not fun to teach and work with that whole mess going on.

Anyways - back into the routine of things and definitely enjoying my life of Korean culture once again.

Peace and love,
Jess.

No comments: