Saturday, July 26, 2008

A peek into my last few weeks!

GET READY FOLKS! IT'S JAM PACKED!

(P.S - this post does NOT include my farewell to my closest friend here in Seoul, Sharon. For her... she gets her own post within a few days.) It also doesn't include my move into my new apartment. So yes, if it seems like I've been busy, you're correct. I've barely had time to breathe! But God is good and so gracious and humbling me and encouraging me along the way.

ENJOY!

Upon returning to Seoul, I decided I just couldn't get enough of the beach.... and I realized I needed some alone time and so I decided to go on a personal adventure. WEEEEEEE!

Instead of running a ton of errands and getting caught up, I decided to take advantage of the clear blue skies (rare in Seoul, first of all... second... the rainy season was destined to come any day)

I headed down to Muui Island (a small little island located off Korea, near the airport which is about 2 hours away) I had to take a ferry to get there. 

After a few ferry rides...

a trek pretending not to be lost...

exploring a famous "drama" (soap opera) shooting set...

meeting a random Korean man (Willis) who acted as my tour guide...

some great sea shells ...

and saying hello to some sand crabs...


I finally made peace with being back to a place I call home... yay Korea!


That weekend I headed out with all my friends to attend MUD FEST in Boryeong (about 2 hours south).

Here's my friend Linds on our bus ride down there:

The whole gang - SO MUCH FUN!

Me, Rach and Hil

MUUUUUDDDDD!




Next up? The DMZ. What an amazing experience. Here you see S. Korean soldiers outside. They wear glasses not only to intimidate, but to protect themselves from making eye contact with N. Korean soliders.

These are N. Korean guards (taken with a telephoto lens)


Spying on us - the window is slightly open on the left with a guard looking through binoculars. We were instructed to not make any movements or gestures to the N. Korean guards at any time.




You can't really tell from this picture, but they stand only halfway exposed in case of a situation with gunfire, so they can be protected and not easily harmed.

I'm standing in N. Korea in this picture... this S. Korean guard would stop me if I tried to pass, because if I do, I'd be nabbed by N. Koreans.





And last but not least... My amazing Friday Bridge Listening class.... they knew about my ice cream fast during the month of June (and how much I hated it) and I decided to celebrate with them after class one night.



1 comment:

Davis and Laura said...

I watched a special on North Korea on some channel and heard about the guards...that's crazy that you were there! The mud fest looked like fun! :) Happy you are having a good time!