Sunday, March 2, 2008

The end of term

This last week we started a new term, so the previous week was filled with parties during the last 30 minutes of each of my classes.

I was amazed to see that I had been teaching for three months already.... and in about a week I will have been here for four months. The time has gone by so fast and I still wake up every morning so excited to be here in Korea.

Even though I have never seen myself as much of a teacher, I have really enjoyed learning to be a good teacher for these kids. I started out my new term more confident than the last and was excited for the fresh start, the new students and the new materials.

But here's some pictures from the end of the term of some of my students:



This is Karen - she actually came into my class about halfway, but she is so much fun!

Ahem.... yes, the coolest teachers at our branch.


This is Jin Hyeon - and this is a picture of him turning his chocolate snack (called Crunky) to "Cranky". He was pretty excited to show this to me and thought it was SO funny! He's a really good student and I have enjoyed having him in my class. He spent some time abroad in China, so we would speak a little bit to each other just for fun. He also is very street smart, not just book smart (which a lot of students lack street smartness or creativity here in Korea with the education system they have)

Hahahaha - this is another picture of some of my favorite students. This is James (with the Nintendo) and I told him to put his glasses upside down to take a picture of him, but he got so involved with the game he forgot to change them. It was too funny! To his left is Jack - he's a tiny little guy.... a fireball! He's very funny and hates pictures, so it's rare that I got this shot!

These are my FAVORITE girls! They are so much fun and they are such great students. Both Sharon and I adore them. From L to R: Sophia, Karen, Vanessa, Michelle and Claire. I actually have Claire's little brother in a different class I teach..... Jimmy (See picture below) Jimmy is on the left and Andrew on the right. They are teaching the class to play a game here in this picture.


Haha. This is a picture of Teacher Jessica - gotta love it!

And Sophia with her artistic abilities! Some of these girls LOVE to draw. All the tests and quizzes I grade always have some type of picture on it.

So I will get some video uploaded and some other updates as to what I've been up to, but things continue to go well. I have had a really great experience my first term and I have been tremendously blessed.

I continue to be challenged and sharpened as a result of my relationships here and it's so evident that the Lord is working in everything that our group of friends is part of. It's very exciting. It's starting to warm up here in Seoul, so it makes it very enjoyable to be out and about. You all are more than invited and welcome to visit ANYTIME.

Blessings!

No comments: